Thursday, September 24, 2009

Photo Manipulation

The Good Old Days

Original
Black & White Restored
Final Piece/ Color Overlay
"Adelaide 1954" Trio

I really enjoyed this portion of our photo manipulation project. Taking the original discolored photo and restoring it in black and white was fun and gratifying because it not only brings the picture back to life, but it's also nice to see the picture in its new "crisp" state. For the final photo with the color, I decided not to do the whole picture because I wanted the subject to stand out... really stand out! My choice of color use was inspired by another picture taken and colored around the same time.


Strike A Pose

Left: Original ~ Right: Photoshopped
I thought this would be easy, but it really wasn't... for a couple of reasons. First of all, let's just start off by admitting that I look like plastic and slightly like the Joker from Batman. The whole plastic thing I kinda ran with though because I think girls in magazines are plastic looking, Maybe not as much as me, but I wanted to exaggerate that fact. Second, it was hard to manipulate my own photo because I know what I'm supposed to look like and the slightest manipulation seemed HUGE! I'm not perfect but I'm happy with the way I look, so to me, manipulations just made me feel ugly.




No comments:

Post a Comment